Friday 12 October 2012

Liz Earle Cleanser

So I finally tried the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser after reading about its superpowers on numerous blogs around.  I used it for a good five/six months and have to say I was quite disappointed.  Perhaps I was expecting a miracle to happen and my skin to be perfect after using this product...and it was, for maybe a month, but then it went really bad! The first two months using it, the skin always needs time to adjust and renew (I think a normal cycle for skin to renew is about 20-28 days, but look it up!) so the first month or two I noticed my skin getting worse, which is quite normal as all of the impurities are flushed out of my skin.  Then my skin got better, but only for about four weeks, after that it all went downhill.  The next three months my skin was getting worse by the day, I looked like a Streuselkuchen (a German cake that has a topping like a crumble), and also a lot dryer every time I looked into the mirror.  My skin was not this bad since high school and no matter what hydrating cremes or masks I used, it was not improving.  

Liz Earle claims that their product does not dry out skin, it is made for all skin types.  Perhaps one of the things I was doing wrong was using too hot water for the muslin cloths, and water that is too hot will dry out skin, which is why only luke warm water is to be used.  All in all, I found using the cloths to be a real annoyance! I travel quite a bit, and I found myself forgetting the cloths half of the time, then I had to travel with wet towels sometimes if there was no time for them to dry overnight, so I always had to remember to bring a little bag to put them in.  There may be a trick to all this, as so many women are using it and really happy with it, but it was not really a solution for me.  Finally, when my bottle was empty, I went to Kiehl's and talked to them, and have been using one of their facial washes ever since and I am loving it so far.  A post about it will follow shorty.  Please do share your experiences with the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser or muslin cloths in general, maybe I was using it completely wrong!  

No comments:

Post a Comment