Tuesday 7 January 2014

Winter Favourites


Finding the right moisturizer is like finding the right pair of jeans, it takes a copious amount of time, and involves a lot of trial and error. However, once you have found the right style or brand for you, this item, be it jeans or a moisturizer, can be your best asset! 

1. Indeed Hydraluron Moisture Booster - I found this little gem at boots and I use it as a serum before my day cream.  It sinks into skin quickly and doesn't leave a sticky film.

2. Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil - This oil replenishes, leaving skin supple and smooth, as it reduces wrinkles and fine lines, scars and fights dehydration.  From experience, it can be used on sensitive skin, but this should be checked out my a dermatologist first! I haven't experienced any clogged pores or breakouts from this, and it has turned into a daily mini facial, with my skin feeling extra smooth the next morning.  Before applying a night cream, I use two drops of this over the entire face and let it sink for a couple of minutes. 

3. Shiseido Ibuki Protective Moisturizer SPF 15 (there is also one available without SPF)- Shiseido's new Ibuki range has turned out to be a real blessing.  As my skin is so pale, I find that Shiseido products work well to combat dullness and fatigued skin, as well as redness, which is a major concern, especially during the day. My skin does not feel tight nor shiny, and it works perfectly as a make-up base.

4. Shiseido Ibuki Refined Moisturizer Rich - Opting for the rich version as a night care enables my skin to really soak up anything it needs over night, without my skin feeling clogged.  It really has refined the appearance of my skin as well as making it more radiant.  Never once have I felt tightness or seen fatigue!

What makes the Ibuki range so appealing and special is that so far, all other moisturizers have either been too heavy or too light for my skin.  Not getting the moisture I needed from lighter versions, I turned to anti-ageing products in desperate need for something to quench thirst, mainly choosing products with hyaluronic acid.  But these always then seemed too rich, and my skin might still be too young for these heavy creams, which is why the Shiseido Ibuki range (which also includes other moisturizers) is the perfect balance between the two!

No comments:

Post a Comment