Wednesday 19 September 2012

Maxi dress love








The last days of the summer heat have come and gone, I spent them at home in Germany and could finally enjoy our garden. 

 I was really not prepared for any weather above 20°C, so I has lucky I had packed my S.Y.L.K black and white maxi dress I bought in LA a few weeks back.  

Finding the right maxi dress is not an easy task, and really depends on your body shape.  A lot of the cuts this season in stores like Topshop and Zara were very straight or even more carrot shaped, becoming slimmer towards the ankles.  

This works fine for an boyish figure, however, for apple or pear shaped girls, an a-line dress is a far better solution.  As the skirt part of the dress flows past the hips, accentuating only the waste, and then draping down the legs in order not to attract attention to the hips.  

This particular dress also has a great pattern, as the downward and outward sloping lines elongate and slim the figure.  Nonetheless, I prefer to wear something light over the dress, preferably sleeveless, just to have something draped over my upper body, especially if the dress has a low cut neck line like this one.  I am wearing a jeans shirt by Cloth & Stone from Anthropologie.

No comments:

Post a Comment