Sunday 13 January 2013

Winter Skin



I am really struggling with my skin at the moment, it is completely dehydrated, but I still get really bad skin, so I thought I would switch to a soap free cleanser that does not foam, as this can really take water out of your skin.  Ren is a great brand if your skin is sensitive, there are no petrochemicals, sulphates, parabens, synthetic fragrances, synthetic colours, glycols, silicones, and several other additives.  It is available e.g. at Selfridges, but some well-stocked organic stores also sell their products!  I chose to go for the Ultra Moisture Cleansing Milk, which is specifically for dry skin, and is rubbed between fingers, then massaged onto the face, and finally rinsed off with warm water.  But initially hands and face are dry, so there is no foam lather, not even when the water is applied to the face.  The main difference that I can feel is that my skin does not feel tight anymore after washing it, which is really comfortable.  Other than that, it has a gentle smell.  

The moisturiser I am currently using is Darphin's Prédermine, a moisturiser made for ageing skin, to correct fine lines, and it contains hyaluronic acid.  In the evenings the feeling is great, it is very rich and my skin feels very smooth in the mornings, but my skin still is not completely hydrated, and in the mornings it takes a long time to sink into my skin.  I do not have that much after applying it, to apply my make up, and it feels heavy on the skin in the mornings, and makes it more difficult to apply my make-up, and my make-up does not last as long as before, as the cream is so rich.  The cream really is too rich to wear under make up during the days, but in the evenings it almost acts as a mask on the skin.  Perhaps a lighter day cream, also containing hyaluronic acid would be a better option.  

No comments:

Post a Comment