Sunday 29 January 2012

Healthy Hair


A few years ago I really took no care if my hair.  I thought I had to straighten it every day and did not really think about the consequences.  Now I can't even remember where my straighteners are and at best I use them to curl my hair once in a while.  However, the consequences of my excessive straightening remain and I always find myself fighting the urge to get them cut.  From experience this is the only thing that does help to get rid of unhealthy, broken and split hair, as countless conditioners, serums and other treatments have left me rather disappointed.  The best I can do without facing the scissors is to give my hair a goodie from time to time so that the healthy hairs remain that way!  

I absolutely adore the Protein Rx Anti-Breakage Treatment Mask by Fekkai as my hair has never ever felt as smooth and utterly happy!  I try to and most of all should use it at least once a week because my hair has grown quite long (down to the middle of my back) and it could use that extra nourishing, especially to prevent future damage.  My hair also smells really nice for days, as I don't wash it too often , preventing it from drying out even more.  But the mask has to be left on for 15-20 minutes in order to achieve best results and that means that I have to walk around with my wet hair tied up before I can wash the mask out and continue drying it, making it impossible to use before my 9 am classes.  It is probably just a matter of habit to get used to actually using it regularly but it is definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment