Tuesday 24 January 2012

On the glow





Glow to go – if only it were possible.  How to get there, or at least how to try, is what I want to share with you.   After having used my share of foams, creams, serums and lotions, my bathroom shelves are bursting and I am still yet to find the perfect make-up …

One of the essentials on the way to healthy looking skin is a moisturiser and everyone (including men) should have one!  The tricky part is to find the right moisturiser for your skin, with oily skin needing something oil-free or sensitive skin needing something soothing.


My skin is very dry during this time of the year, so my favourite moisturiser at the moment is the Nuxe Crème Fraîche® Concentrée de Beauté Suractivée (30, 60 ml)!  The packaging promises 24 hours of hydration and it leaves my skin with a very fresh, natural feeling without being too heavy and I use this every night.  My skin feels instantly hydrated and soothed. 

During the day I use either Lancôme Hydra Zen NeurocalmTM (approx. £38, 50 ml) or Sisley’s Restorative Facial Cream.  The Hydra Zen by Lancôme is too light for daily morning use, however, when my skin seems very red, I use this to calm and cool it down.  The smell is fresh, but unfortunately seems far more artificial then Nuxe’s or Sisley’s moisturisers.  The latter feels very luxurious on the skin, and is also the most expensive of the four (about 90 if I remember correctly, 40 ml).  I feel like I have to take extra care when using it, so I only apply it in the mornings.    

Origins’ Make A Difference Ultra-rich rejuvenating cream (£32, 50 ml) and the Ultra Facial Moisturiser (£24, 125 ml) by Kiehl’s are more affordable alternatives to the others and the moisturiser by Kiehl’s also contains an SPF, which is a definite plus!  I used these when it started to get cold, but after going skiing they were simply not rich enough and left my skin so dry that it peeled in some places.      

But most of these products will only work half as well as they promise so don’t forget that it is really important to exfoliate in winter, at least that is what I have experienced.  The full potential of not only moisturising creams but also masks can only be achieved after having exfoliated.  I exfoliate once or twice a week, depending on the condition of my skin, but anything more than that will strip skin too much!     

No comments:

Post a Comment