Monday 30 January 2012

Winter Essentials


With the prospect of -4° this week in London, I thought that I would post the three most essential items for cold temperatures, as this time of the year is extremely stressful for skin.  In my first post I already wrote about the Crème Fraîche by Nuxe, and it continues to be my absolute must-have for my dry skin.  

As well as keeping the skin of my face protected from the cold, I rely on the Guava Lip Butter by Korres to repair my chapped lips.  The scent of the lip balm is very subtle, which I prefer.  The container says that the lip balm "melts on the lips" which is very true.  I use it during the day, but also always apply it before I go to sleep and the next morning my lips feel so soft and smooth.  What I like most, is that it is not sticky and therefore does not get annoying, as I have noticed with other lip balms.

My hands suffer from the cold the most, because they become so dry and chapped that they get really sore in some areas, especially my knuckles.  The best solution I have come across is Avène's Cold Cream, which works wonders.  This is the 5th year in a row that I am using it and still have not found anything to be remotely as good.  The texture is quite thick, but anything lighter simply would not withstand the conditions.  Once I have rubbed it in everywhere, it settles into my skin quite quickly and instantly makes my hands soft.  There is no real smell to it, but this is the case with most of the products which can be purchased in pharmacies and therefore also makes it really good for people with extremely sensitive skin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment