Monday 11 June 2012

Animal print x 3



As I mostly wear plain basics, I decided that I need a pair of flats that are a little more exciting.  I don't own a single piece of clothing with animal print, I do not really know how to work with it, and leopard print is especially difficult as there is a fine line between trendy and trashy.  However, shoes are a whole different story, although there were many shoes out there with leopard print that looked rather cheap (contrary to their price!).  At Selfridges I came across these Kurt Geiger slippers (the ones in the middle) and knew right away that it had to be these ones.  The outer material is fur like and I think it looks quite well made.  At the 24 hour race at the Nürburgring, I wore the slippers for the first time with boyfriend jeans by J Brand and a plain oversized white t-shirt.  When I came back home I found that my both my mum and my sister had also found a liking for these printed shoes.  My mum actually bought herself the Pretty Ballerina flats (right), but they did not stay in my mums closet for long as my sister snapped them up right away.  (Btw very frustrating not to have my mums shoe size, whilst my sister does!).  So having to set out for a new pair, my mum then purchased the Prada version (left).  These shoes have a patent material and are much slimmer than the KGs.  In terms of price, the shoes are in ascending order, the Prada flats being the most expensive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment