Monday 25 June 2012

Walking 'round town





I spent the day with my mum today and we decided to meander to Chelsea to visit the Saatchi Gallery.  Whilst I am nowhere near being an expert on art, I do enjoy the occasional trip to a gallery, mainly those like the Saatchi or Tate Modern.  Having lived in Korea for five years, I still have ties to Asia and really enjoyed the exhibition of Chinese contemporary art.  From what I gather, Chinese contemporary art explores many political aspects and has a very distinct style, very much to my interest.  However, that is almost the whole extent of my knowledge on art and so I will refrain from further analysis and will leave this to the experts.  So prior to our visit, we induldged in some light lunch, which we clearly deserved after walking all the way there from Oxford Street.  I walk around a lot and my collection of shoes, perhaps contrary to many other women, includes mainly flats.  Alongside variations of All Stars, I also have my share of ballet flats and now also more flats in the slipper style which seems to be very popluar lately.  Today I wore my Kurt Geiger animal print loafers that I wrote about a few posts back.  As the weather is momentarily unpredictable, clothing needs to be practical and jeans are always a relatively safe choice.  When it gets warmer I just roll up the bottoms, giving them the cropped look, and when it cools down I just roll them back down.  I wore a black tank top from H&M, and as a light cover-up I ended up with one of my favourite pieces at the moment; a gold peplum cardigan with cropped arms.  It works really well with jeans, but I've also worn it with black skinny jeans and a black mini dress.  It is a nice alternative to a jeans jacket or leather jacket.  I borrowed my mum's cognac Prada tote, and to maintain the gold look I wore black and gold Ray Ban aviator sunglasses and my Rita & Zia ring, a Marc Jacobs watch, a vintage bracelet and a studded bracelet from Asos.  My earring were bought in a shop in Düsseldorf called Mytho.


No comments:

Post a Comment