Monday 4 June 2012

Summer glow



I have picked out my some of my favourite must haves for the summer time.  Preferably, I do not like to wear tons of make-up and a tinted moisturiser will do the trick, except for the evenings where I also use a hydrating fluid foundation.  I have tried several tinted moisturisers such as Kiehl's, Laura Mercier and Lancome, however, the only one that has really convinced me is the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser with SPF 15.  When buying tinted moisturisers, there is often a far smaller choice of shades, often there is only light medium and dark.  Even then light is generally too dark for me, and it looks more like I have applied self tan to my face.  Conversely, the Moisture Surge, shade 01, has a very slight pinky undertone that I like, it gives my face a slight bit of colour, but it does not overshadow it.  Although freckles on my face are rare, the tinted moisturiser does not cover them up and thereby maintains a very translucent and natural look.  It still manages to even out my skin tone, and for any imperfections I apply MACs Studio Finish Concealer, a definite staple in my make-up bag.  

Up until recently I was obsessed with my face being totally matte, so most of my past foundations were mattifying, rather than hydrating, and this had really dried out a lot of my skin.  The tinted moisturiser has really changed my skin for the better.  Whilst I still use the Pressed Blot Powder by MAC for my t-zone, I have discovered Guerlain as a tool to create an incredible glow.  Using it mainly on my cheek bones and my forehead, I was astonished that it did not make my face look shiny, like I had previously believed, but rather it really made it glow.  I bought the Guerlain Meteorites Perles in the lightest tone, Teint Rosé 01, and I do not know how I ever managed without them.  Granted, the loose pearls are a bit of an annoyance as the packing is really large.  I did consider buying the pressed compact version, however, the price (over 130 pounds if I recall correctly) and only about 40 pounds for the loose pearls, seemed a little bit too expensive.  There is a more compact version of the pearls for travelling, nonetheless, it is still in a tube-like container and not the best thing for small purse.  So far I have kept the container at home, so there were no touch-ups during the day, which is a bit of a shame, as the shine does not last all day on my skin.  This is really the only criticism of this fabulous powder.

A further summer must have for me is the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder/blush in Semi Precious Rose Quartz I bought last year.  The outer part of the powder is a really light pink blush, the inner part being a multicoloured highlighter with slight greens, pinks and darker reds.  Quite honestly, this blush is fascinating to me.  MAC blushes are usually so strong in their pigmentation, that it is important to apply it only so slightly, at least for my very light skin, as otherwise it just looks like two large blocks of colour on my face.  On the contrary, this blush, together with the highlighter, gives such a natural look, with a fantastic glow, and it blends in miraculously with my skin tone, making it look just a slight bit rosé, very natural and absolutely radiant.  

Lip colour is not my expertise, I have quite a few different lip sticks, glosses and serums, but I am a bit lazy, sometimes applying it just in the morning but forgetting to reapply during the day.  I am determined to use more colour on my lips though this summer.  It is always a bit difficult, lip sticks are just too heavy during the day and if I use lip gloss, my hair always gets stuck in it.  Then I came across the Serum De Rouge by Dior (I bought the colour 640) and it is an ideal combination of lip stick and gloss, absolutely natural and easy to apply.  It is hydrating and so I almost use it like a lip balm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment